2

casey casey

July 11, 2020
SECURITY

Nothing will move before the New Year

Nothing will move before the New Year

As the KCNA reported, Xi accepted an invitation from Kim to visit North Korea at an appropriate time. Special train from North Korea: Kim visits China – Trump has to wait

South Korean President Moon Jae In meanwhile said that Seoul would try to resolve the problem of international sanctions against Pyongyang as soon as possible. But North Korea would have to "courageous, concrete measures for denuclearization" seize.

Sources used: dpa news agency

Negotiations over North Korea’s nuclear program are stuck. Now ruler Kim is considering one "new way"to force US President Trump to make concessions.

In the dispute over his country’s nuclear weapons program, North Korea’s ruler Kim Jong Un is threatening to abandon the rapprochement if the USA continues to apply its sanctions. In his New Years address, Kim reaffirmed his intention to nuclear disarmament and to continue summit diplomacy with the USA. He also stressed that he could meet US President Donald Trump at any time. But he accused Washington of not wanting to keep promises and of exerting unilateral disarmament measures from Pyongyang.

"Exploring a new way"

"If the US fails to deliver on its promises made to the world, misjudge our patience, and hold on to sanctions and leverage to unilaterally force things, we will likely have no choice but to explore a new path"said Kim on state television. He also called for the US military maneuvers with South Korea to end and for no strategic weapons to be brought to the Korean peninsula from abroad.

Like the one he indicated "new way" Kim left open. However, he continued Pyongyang’s growing criticism of the US’s sanctions policy in recent weeks. During his speech, the ruler, dressed in a dark suit, sat in a large armchair in a study or in a library and read some of the notes.

Negotiations are deadlocked

The negotiations between Washington and Pyongyang have stalled again after signals of hope in the meantime. The US government wants to hold on to its own punitive measures as well as the UN sanctions against the communist leadership of North Korea until it takes concrete disarmament steps.

At his historic summit with Trump in Singapore in June, Kim had his readiness for "complete denuclearization" stressed. However, concrete promises by when the nuclear arsenal should be disarmed and what the US counter-performance could look like have not yet been made. The leaders of both countries are currently aiming for another summit earlier this year.

Different sounds than last year

He has the firm will to one "new relationship" to build the US and create lasting peace on the Korean peninsula, Kim said. The US should "respond to our active efforts with believable steps and appropriate behavior"he demanded. After the great tensions in 2017 over numerous missile tests and another nuclear test by North Korea, Kim had struck more conciliatory tones in his New Year’s address last year. With South Korea, too, North Korea entered a new phase of cooperation and reconciliation.

Opinion: The world in 2019 – Trump is breathing fire

Addressing South Korea, Kim called for even closer cooperation. His country is ready to resume the operation of a joint industrial park and the joint program for tours to the Kumgang Mountains on the east coast. Both projects have been discontinued in recent years due to increasing tensions. The sanctions against Pyongyang stand in the way of a resumption.

Sources used: dpa news agency

Boston (AP) – There are still almost two years until the next presidential election in the USA, but everything is already pointing to a nerve-wracking election campaign among the Democrats.

T-Online.de/TV

Member of the Bundestag expects sexist attacks

to kill a mockingbird essay introduction

Trump casino is blown up – who can push the button?

Influencer (30) dies in butt lift

Elephant cow gives birth – reaction of the herd amazes

US Vice President Pence vaccinated against Corona

NASA mission enables a first look inside Mars

These rules apply to your fireworks in the garden

Spahn asks for patience when distributing the vaccine

Strange beer appearance in the US Parliament

Suddenly there is no stopping the minister

Container use due to Corona causes a stir

Towing service has a bad surprise

Winter weather causes chaos on the US east coast

What are the chances of a white Christmas?

Santa Claus approaches with a sledgehammer

Left Senator Elizabeth Warren was a sharp critic of President Donald Trump on Monday. The 69-year-old from the state of Massachusetts founded a committee to explore her chances in the event of a candidacy. This enables her to hire employees and collect donations.

The 69-year-old, who belongs to the left wing of the Democrats, is the first prominent representative of the party to make her ambitions public with such a step 13 months before the start of the primaries. It is expected that a number of other Democrats will follow in the next few weeks and months and the field of applicants will be very large. This was also the case with the Republicans in 2016 – which favored the rise of political outsider Donald Trump.

As possible applicants besides Warren are the former Vice President Joe Biden and the independent Senator Bernie Sanders, who failed in the 2016 primary campaign against Hillary Clinton. Sanders’ candidacy would reduce Warren’s chances as both would compete for votes from the left.

In the first surveys, Biden leads the field of applicants. Senators Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Sherrod Brown and Kirsten Gillibrand and the outgoing MP Beto O’Rourke from Texas are also considered candidates.

The party’s primary campaign could be as bitter in a large field as it was in 2016 with the Republicans. There are already discussions among the Democrats between the left and the moderate wing about the course of the party and about which candidate would have the best chances against Trump. These disputes are likely to increase in the coming months.

Warren wrote on Twitter that she would announce her final application decision early in the New Year. In a video, she emphasized that she wanted to fight for the middle class. Everyone in America should be able to work hard and take care of themselves and the people they love, she said. Warren also referred to her own life story: Her father, a caretaker, suffered a heart attack when she was twelve. From then on she worked as a waiter and was the first in the family to graduate from college.

The law professor, who taught at the elite Harvard University, among other things, has been a member of the Senate since 2013 and has made a name for herself as a vehement critic of the financial industry. During the 2016 presidential campaign, she was traded as a potential runner-up to Hillary Clinton. Back then, she shot herself at Trump early on. That’s what she called him in a speech, for example "small, insecure money grabber"who was happy about the financial crisis.

Trump has also repeatedly attacked Warren in the past, publicly questioning her statements that there are Native Americans among her ancestors. He regularly mocks them as "Pocahontas", a famous aboriginal woman from the 17th century. Speaking in July, he said that if Warren ran for the Democratic presidency in 2020, he would ask her for a DNA test. If he confirms her information, he will give her a million dollars for a charity.

Warren then presented the result of a DNA test in October, according to which it "convincing evidence" for admitting that one of her ancestors was a Native American six to ten generations ago. She asked Trump to redeem his betting debts, whereupon the latter cursed her as a fraud.

Donald Trump remains adamant about the dispute with the Democrats. If he doesn’t get any money for his wall, if he closes the border with Mexico, he threatens. Nothing will move before the New Year.

News of the day

left 1 2 right

"Older people did not understand"MPs reckon with sexism in the Bundestag. more
Criticism of France’s President Macron triggers debate with Corona video. more
Founded by Trump’s son-in-law, the election campaign was apparently financed through a mailbox company. more
"Give the ventilator to someone else"Medical ethicist directs fire letter to vaccination opponents. more

US President Donald Trump has threatened to close the border with Mexico if he continues to be denied the money to build a wall. "We will be forced to close the southern border completely unless the destructive Democrats give us the money to complete the wall", said Trump on Friday in the short message service Twitter.

In the current budget negotiations in Congress, the US President calls for five billion dollars to be allocated for the construction of the wall. If that doesn’t happen, he doesn’t want to sign a new budget law. The opposition Democrats, however, strictly reject Trump’s billions. The dispute has already led to a budget freeze and a standstill in numerous federal agencies.

\ n" , ‘Twitter’); }) (); / ** /

Trump had announced the construction of a wall on the border with Mexico during the election campaign and declared that he wanted to fight illegal immigration and crime in this way. In further tweets, he also complained about trade with Mexico: The US lost around $ 75 billion every year – "Not counting money from drug trafficking". The closure of the Mexican border is therefore one "profitable operation". "We build the wall or we close the southern border", he continued.

In early October, the US government agreed a new trade agreement with Mexico – together with Canada. She allegedly wanted to reduce trade disadvantages from the NAFTA agreement with other countries.

Migrants crowd to the US border

In November, Trump threatened to completely close the border with Mexico. A few days later, the US authorities briefly closed a border crossing between the Mexican city of Tijuana and San Diego, California, after hundreds of migrants tried to cross the border. 

Dispute over border wall: Shutdown until the new year? Trump: "Shame what is happening in our country"

 Because of the budget freeze, hundreds of thousands of government employees are condemned to compulsory leave or have to work without a salary for the time being. The "Shut down" is expected to last into the new year: The first session of the US Senate after the Christmas break was postponed on Thursday. The budget will not be negotiated again until Wednesday, January 2nd.

Sources used: news agencies dpa, AFP

The US is refraining from ad hoc withdrawal from Syria – and is outraging Turkey, which saw the way for an offensive against the Kurds clear. Erdogan does not want to accept that.

News of the day

left 1 2 right

Confused tweet about cyber attack Trump defends Russians and accuses China. more
"Older people did not understand"MPs reckon with sexism in the Bundestag. more
For the first time, the Syrian government is bringing prisoner IS women back. more
Criticism of France’s President Macron triggers debate with Corona video. more

Turkey has sharply rejected US demands for guarantees to protect the Syrian Kurds. The statements of the US security advisor John Bolton on the Kurdish People’s Defense Units (YPG) are "not to accept"Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday during Bolton’s visit to Ankara.

Erdogan’s advisor Ibrahim Kalin told journalists after an interview with Bolton that Turkey was not giving guarantees to any terrorist organization. His country will too "do not ask for permission to fight terrorism"he said with a view to a planned offensive by Turkey against the Kurds in northern Syria. A conversation between Bolton and Erdogan was not planned.

Latest news in the video

Nursing home action causes a stir

Macron reports from quarantine with a video message

MPs reckon with sexism in the Bundestag

This building is way more famous than it looks

Instagram star dies after cosmetic surgery

Elephant cow gives birth – reaction of the herd amazes

US Vice President Pence vaccinated against Corona

NASA mission enables a first look inside Mars

These rules apply to your fireworks in the garden

Spahn asks for patience when distributing the vaccine

Strange beer appearance in the US Parliament

Suddenly there is no stopping the minister

Container use due to Corona causes a stir

Towing service has a bad surprise

Winter weather causes chaos on the US east coast

During a visit to Israel on Sunday, the adviser to US President Donald Trump made the announced US troop withdrawal dependent on the security of its Kurdish allies being guaranteed and the Islamic State (IS) jihadist militia not being able to regain strength. The USA has been supporting the YPG militia for years in the fight against the IS militia with weapons and air strikes, despite criticism from Turkey.

Erdogan: "Impossible to swallow Bolton’s message"

The Bolton visit to Turkey had taken place in a cool atmosphere. Despite a request from the American side, there was no meeting with President Erdogan. "It is impossible to swallow or accept Bolton’s message from Israel"said the head of state in front of his party’s MPs in Ankara. "We will take action very soon to neutralize the terrorist groups in Syria"he announced.

casey casey